So we recently found out that water in Amharic is actually pronounced "wooheh". Ever since we got our approval we have been finding more and more Ethiopian influences around us. I have met a number of Ethopians, including the family that runs one of the convenience stores down the street. There is an Ethiopian Restaurant just several blocks from our house (Fasika on Broadway), and everywhere we go we seem to meet people who work in Eastern Africa, particularly biologists (and one cultural anthropologist). I don't know whether it is just that we are thinking about it and so now notice it more, or if there is some strong cultural attractor. Regardless, it is interesting and helpful to meet all these people and speak with them.
So currently we are wading through the reams of documents we have to produce for this process. I am having a little difficulty getting an official birth certificate from Canada because since Canada was not a signatory to the 1961 Hague convention, they don't have apostilles. I have learned that there is a Canadian Consulate General in Boston so I think I may go there tomorrow.
2 comments:
It's not woohoo??? Darn, i was liking that word! LOL! I hope you can get done, what needs to be done, in Boston.
I know!! We were a little surprised, and, I am not going to lie, disappointed, that it is not pronounced woohoo. Ah, well! Please, please don't let this birth certificate amount to a trip to Canada for us.
Post a Comment