The adoption has provided me with the chance to meet many wonderful new people. I get the chance to learn about them through the blogs, and share the unique experiences of adoption with them. I am very lucky. But this weekend, I got the chance to meet Jenna in person for the first time. And I have to tell you, it was SUCH a treat. Now, I have to admit, this was my first ever internet date. With JF still in Fiji, my family was a little nervous for me. I have to admit, I did not have those fears, but I am always grateful to know people have my back. Thanks, Mom!! Jenna's husband was equally concerned- and rightfully so. What if I was the crazy one? ( I am, actually, but in the most benign way.)
When Jenna got here, it was like an old friend walked in the door! There were no awkward moments or forced situations. I loved her. We spent the next 48 hours laughing essentially. There was a little wine involved:o) We talked about the adoption procedure and what it will be like when we are moms, and the parenting plans we hope to implement (the best laid plans of mice and men). She was such a resource for me and I am so grateful for her friendship. I feel so good knowing that there is a friend who knows EXACTLY what I am going through. We are going to visit them in September, and I am already looking forward to it. I am very happy for new friends!
1 comment:
Love the post and loved the weekend! Thanks AGAIN and we can't wait to see you and have you spend some time on Long Island! I have told Mousse & Gus that they are going to make a blog friend too and they are super excited!
Post a Comment