31 August, 2008

Jacob is 3 months old!!!

Jacob turned 3 months old on Friday. JF and I celebrated by going and buying baby clothes. Well, to be honest, I did the shopping by myself. JF was at home cooking dinner and lending emotional support:o) I was so excited to do this- I had never bought baby clothes before, other than an occasional set of pajamas for a friend's baby. Once I got in there, I panicked a little. How many onesies does he need? Does he need shoes? Do all baby's pants feel like sweatpant material??? Thank goodness for cell phones and my sister who walked me through the whole situation with no pain. I got him several onesies, although he will def need more. I bought Jacob his first pair of cargo pants! All in all it was so fun.

And when I came home and brought the clothes into his rooom, I nearly cried I was so overwhelmed with joy. We have a baby boy who will be home in November, if all goes well. The courts are opening in just over a month and we can't wait! Come home little boy, we love you!

This post would be more interesting if we had our camera, but my folks actually have the charger and we are going to see them next week- so things should be looking up. We will pics of the nursery then up as soon as we can! JF built the bookcase yesterday which was the last piece of the puzzle. We have to sand and seal it and then we are pretty much done! We have been busy with that room- but I love it.

Hope your Labor Day weekends aren't too labor intensive:o)

4 comments:

Special Delivery said...

Colleen & JF-

What an exciting weekend for you guys! I love that you are busy preparing for Jacob! He'll be home soooo soon. What a celebration!

Kevin, Leah & Bodhi said...

Ok, this is getting crazy! We not only received our referrals on the same day but our sons were born on the exact same day too! May I ask where he is from? Our son is from Adama and is from the Oromo tribe.
I know you know this already but just one more month till court opens. Yeah!!!

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

Kevin and Leah- Jacob was found by a river bed in the Awassa region, so we do not know much about his background. My email is colleenlovesjf@yahoo.com if you want to email me- we can talk! How funny!

Colleen

Zaza's Mama said...

Hello there-
I found your blog through another CHI family and I was hoping you would let us know what your experience has been through your new agency once you are home. We applied with CHI in August 07 and still don't have a referral so we are obviously curious about faster avenues, no pun intended, in the future. Any feedback you have would be great. Congrats!!
Dawn Webber
DawnWebberCO@aim.com