23 September, 2008

Adoption Friends

We are so lucky to have met the Zimmers. We met by chance through CHI several months ago. It is the only thing that makes me grateful to CHI, to be honest. Since then, Jenna and I have had many phone calls, many glasses of wine, and more laughs than I count. I am so appreciative that we are going through this journey together.

This past weekend, we had the opportunity to get the men together as well! JF and I ran the Cow Harbor race with a group of friends from Boston and New York. Isn't it lucky that Jenna and Dan live in the town where the race is held??? It was for us! We were treated to such fantastic hospitality and kindness! We carbo loaded at 10pm with AMAZING lasagna and recovered from the race with awesome steaks. I can also highly recommend their shower, since after the race I should under it for about 40 minutes. It might be worth the trip just for the shower!! The men really got along very well, (which was expected but nicely validating) the dogs got along really well, and of course, the ladies loved every minute of it.

They were amazingly generous with gifts for Jacob, who will be STYLING after the wardrobe boost he got from them. I am not sure why I find babies in sweater vests are so appealing, but I am happy to report that Jenna feels the same way too! They got us a little jacket for Jacob that JF wants to wear- no joke!!

But I felt so lucky that we were able to celebrate their big news- the completion of their dossier! They are going to be such amazing parents and we can't wait to meet their little one. The countdown has begun!!

I want to give a huge shutout to Van who really organized the Cow Harbor weekend. I thought she was crazy initially (6.2 miles is so far!!) but it was a GREAT idea and will def be a yearly tradition. Go Team!!

I also have to thank Norm and Christa for getting their little one up to meet us for breakfast on Sunday. It was wonderful to see you guys. Thank you for the outfits and the book. I def needed to brush up on the nursery rhymes:o) We love you guys!

So that was our weekend- busy, busy, busy! The courts should open in 8 days, but who's counting???

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Babies in sweater vests - yes! Too cute!

Special Delivery said...

YAY for our fun weekend! And, super YAY for our friendship! Thanks so much for your kindness! We love you guys so much and really enjoyed every minute of our time together! We will join you in your hunt for an adult version of Jacob's jacket! I mean how amazing would it be if we found one and the father/son pair could match! By the way, the Black Ethiopian Tomatoes were awesome in my salad that I had at lunch yesterday! Thanks again for those! Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

Just wanted to say hi. My family is also a Canadian-American-Ethiopian combo. So cool to see others like us in the world! All the best with your bo., We have quite a wait yet for a referral so i am glad to see yours went so quickly!