06 November, 2008

Waiting game won

JF here. So we just found out! Jacob Yeabsera is ours! It was a tough couple of days. Fortunately we had an economy sized bag of left over Halloween candy (courtesy of Mom B) for us to assuage our nervous anticipation. We spent the day playing cribbage and talking about our plans with Jacob and talking to all our supportive friends and family on the phone (btw thank you, you guys were awesome). I reread all of our past blogs and in doing so realized that I had never revealed 7 random facts about myself so here goes (Tag).
1) I am reticent about blogging about myself. It is not that I am a private person, I just think I am the product of a different generation (X) and at the risk of turning into my Dad (still no cell phone) it is not something I do.
2) I enjoy prime time soaps (ER, West Wing). See this is embarrassing.
3) I am a big fan of puns, I think it is pointless not to use one's rapier wit.
4) I like to wear wick-dry clothes.
5) I am not a big fan of dessert. I would rather have another serving of dinner.
6) I think glasses are sexy, particularly on Colleen.
7) I love to fish.
Colleen and I are so excited and very relieved. Thanks to all our friends and family for the support.

3 comments:

Nicholas said...

Yippee!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Special Delivery said...

While I didn't post any of the random facts that you did, I could have. It continues to amaze me how much the 4 of us have in common. I was so sad to see Greg go from ER! But, I loved it when Ray came back! And, from what I've seen when we have had the privilege of eating together your extra serving of dinner is usually Colleen's leftovers! Congrats to you too, Daddy!

Denise said...

Hi JF, I have been following the blog (Hiedi passed the information along) and I am so happy for you and Colleen. I'm sure that you will be wonderful parents. Congratulations.