Hey everyone, this is just a real quick update to let everyone know how we are doing. JF has come down with something and is sick. He is very congested and was up a number of times during the night throwing up phlegm. He has a fever, too. Poor guy. Before he got sick he let me take a long nap so I was able to catch up on some sleep, which was WONDERFUL! it was lucky, too, as I am feeling a little less tired and can step in a little for him.
Jacob is doing as well as can be expected. He is a little sick, but we knew that before we left Ethiopia. He is very, very congested. We were given medicine by the orphanage doctor before we left, but I feel certain that we will get a nebulizer at the doctor's tomorrow. He was very dehydrated when we left as well, but we have gotten that under control. (That was scary; we had TWO DAYS where he did not urinate! We went to the doc after 24 hours, and we just started loading him up with pedialyte.) I think he has an ear infection as well. Yesterday, he had a low grade fever. Overall, I would say he is healthy, but we do have a few issues to figure out. As I mentioned, we have a doctor's appointment tomorrow- not a moment too soon- and we should know a lot more.
Today he is feeling considerably better than yesterday. He is very smiley and giggling a lot. We are getting his feeding schedule under better control and he doesn't have a fever, two things that help considerably. He is down for a nap now:o)
I am feeling happy and overwhelmed at the same time. I feel like I am constantly sterilizing bottles or doing laundry or washing dishes or just doing something all of the time. That is the best way that I can describe it. Luckily, JF is very helpful and willing to hop in, even when he isn't feeling well. That helps a lot.
OK, I am off to fold laundry! I promise I will post more about ET, but I feel like I am still processing everything AND I want to post with pictures and we haven't gone through them yet. But I will do it in the next week, I PROMISE!
1 comment:
it's great to hear about the everyday life just as much as seeing the Jacob pictures. Okay -- well, maybe the Jacob pictures are a bit more fabulous! so sorry you have a sick house, but I'd bet a sick house of 3 is better than a healthy house of 2 anyday!!
Post a Comment