I have not posted lately, I am sorry! But truth be told, this summer is going so fast, I hardly have the time or the energy. JF just got back from Fiji. I did 12 days of single motherhood. All of you single moms out there deserve a massage! Ladies, I don't know how you do it!!!! Sheesh!! JF got back on Wed morning, took a nap, and we were off to Chicago to celebrate my grandmother's 85th birthday.
She is still as sharp as a tack and a joy to be around. It was the first time that Jacob got to meet his great-grandmother, along with great aunts and uncles and second cousins. He had a blast!!! He went swimming and ate a little doughnut and got passed around from hug to hug. It made my heart melt!
But that was just half of it because then we were off to Wisconsin for a family reunion with my mom's side of the family. More eating, drinking, hugging and kissing took place. Once again, Jacob was a huge hit. He has started walking, and he had so many babysitters around to help, it was AWESOME! This time, he got to meet great-great aunts and uncles- it was so cool! We have a picture of him with his great-great aunts. He is the youngest of the family and they are the oldest. Isn't that cool? I don't know when we will get those photos, but when we do, we will be sure to post.
We got in last night around 8, too exhausted for words. But now that JF is back and we are home, I should be able to post a little more!
3 comments:
Oh wow, busy busy! Sounds like a really great summer - it must be lovely to be able to show Jacob off at all these gatherings :)
Glad you're back! Hope you get some rest after all the craziness..
Wow, sounds like a whirlwind summer!
what? you were in chi-town?
hope you had a lovely time!
Post a Comment