01 February, 2010

It's raining milestones


My Boys

This past weekend was hard for me. Every time I turned my head I had more evidence of Jacob's growing. He stopped using bottles this weekend. He is strictly a sippy cup man now. He is now in a booster seat sitting at the table instead of in his high chair. He is asking to sit on the toilet and telling us when he has a dirty diaper. He started putting more word together. He now says "Mama and Dada" and "Caly and Echo". He carries his laundry to his room now. I must have cried about three times in both delight and anguish at all of his development. Sigh.

My big boy looking like Einstein:


Sadly, those were not the only milestones for our family. I took Caly to the vet on Saturday where she was diagnosed with mild arthritis. She is the almost 7 years old. In my mind, that is nothing more than middle aged, but the vet informed me otherwise. She is the nicest dog in the world. Jacob climbs on her and hugs on her and teases her with food and she is the gentlest, kindest dog ever. She LOVES Jacob and he LOVES her. We put her on some medication that seems to be making a difference. She is on special food now and needs to go on a little diet. We are hoping all of these will make a difference. We love our girl!

5 comments:

Katherine Z. Wilson, CD(DONA) said...

Healing thoughts for Caly and I think that bath tub photo needs a frame! Hilarious. xoxo.

Claudia said...

Oh, what a weird combination of happy and sad! He's turning into such a little BOY!

(oh, and get well soon, doggie!)

Special Delivery said...

Oh yuck! I am so sorry to hear about Caly! Please give her big hugs from the Mousse and Gus!

I have a love/hate relationship with milestones! Happy to see that Jacob is growing to be so lovely! But, crying for the mommy! Love you all!

PS-the word verification is "hafta" like we "hafta" just accept that our kids are getting bigger and that our babies are not babies! YUCK!

Joy said...

He is just so cute and it just gets better and better as they grow and learn! I am sure you are so proud of him and his progress! I know though that we would freeze them if we could :) We tease our kids and push on their heads each night and tell them "no more growing allowed"

los cazadores said...

So sorry to read about Caly! :( That is sad when a dear canine friend is suffering from the up-in-age woes.

But, that photo of Jacob in the tub a la Einstein is a HOOT! Love it.

Cindy