06 April, 2010
Potty time
Several weeks ago, Jacob asked to sit on the potty. I was surprised but, of course, said, "yes". Since then, we have had ebbs and flows of success. For the most part, he is doing so well! I am shocked at how well he is doing. We have a little chart that our nanny made for him. Every time he goes on the potty he gets a sticker. We are up to 45 stickers at this point. We reads books on the potty, we brush our teeth, we sing songs and he gets 2 M&Ms for each success. He is really starting to get it. But he has quickly learned something else, too. He has learned that saying "potty, Mama" can put off going to bed, or sitting down to eat, or even leaving the house. One night, he actually made himself go SIX times in a row in order to not go to bed. Now that, my friends, is a commitment! I appreciate it that kind of will power. However, now, when he says, "potty, Mama" just before bed, I take him once. If he says it again, I act as if he is telling me a story about going on the potty. I say something like, I "I saw you go on the potty. I am so proud of you! We will do it again tomorrow. Now it's time for night-night". I am amazed how quickly he has learned how to stall! Let the games begin :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment