15 October, 2010

New Chair

Hello Everyone,
Sorry for the long time between posts.  Everything is going well with us, though we are super busy.  Jacob is doing great!  His Gram and Grandpa gave him a new chair which he loves (as does Calypso).


Jacob is just getting to the point where he can entertain himself for a few minutes reading a book or playing with toy cars, which is a relief.  As usual, when ever he spends time with his cousins the Kepes, he comes away with a lot more language skills.  His modus operandi is still bossy, "Dada come here please!  No No Caly!  I want this one!  I want to do it myself!" etc. but he is branching out into descriptive commentary, "Green tomatoes are babies. Mama works at Harvard."  For the first time the other day he said, "I'm tired." and he is working very hard on saying "Jacob Yeabsera Jean-Francois Bertrand."  He also has the ABC song down pat and can count to 12.  As you may know, we have been potty training by letting run around without pants.  The other day as I was washing dishes, I see him sit down, then out of the corner of my eye I see he walking to the washroom with the potty bowl.  Before I could get to him he had dumped the entire (stinky) contents into the bowl and flushed.  He was quite proud of himself.  Sorry if I sound like I am bragging, Colleen and I are doing well also.  Colleen has gotten straight As in her course so far (ok now I'm bragging about my wife.)  Anyway, we will try to keep up a bit more with the blog.  Hope everyone is doing well.
JF

1 comment:

Special Delivery said...

Brag away! About Jacob AND your wife! They are both amazing! Can't wait to see you guys! Lots of love!