06 December, 2010

Giving thanks

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday ever.  EVER.  I love it.  I love the idea of a holiday based on giving thanks for our blessings and food.  We do not travel for Thanksgiving.  I used to and then one year it took me 12 hours to drive back from Rochester to Boston.  That ended any travel aspirations very quickly.  We spent Thanksgiving as a family of three.  It was very quiet and a really lovely day.  Jacob was very excited about the parade and we were pretty happy about the Pats game.

We got a small Christmas which Jacob likes very much.  We talk about "his Christmas tree" quite a bit.  I am working on the word "our" with little success.

He is talking so much these days.  My favorite sentence of late is "By the way, Mama, I would like some craisins please."  

We are so grateful that he is in our life.  We are so grateful for our family.  We are grateful for the quiet moments when we get to take a deep breath and say "thank you".

1 comment:

Claudia said...

This post makes me smile a great big goofy grin :)