Tomorrow is our Jacob Yeabsera Day. I cannot get over how fast it got here. Can it really be two years? I think so much about the first time that we met him. I thought that I may be overly emotional. I was nervous that I would cry. But when the nanny put that sweet boy in my arms, my only feeling was, "Well, there you are." It was not super emotional and I did not cry. I just held him tight and kissed his fuzzy head and breathed in deeply. JF was very patient well I said hello and before I passed Jacob on to his new dada. Jacob fell asleep in JF's arms shortly after.
I think back to our first week in Boston. JF and I must have called our parents 17 times a day asking questions. And then JF and I got so sick, and I started crying and Jacob reached out and brushed my tears. I think about how excited I was for our families to meet him, how nervous I was the first time I pushed him in the stroller.
I think about his mom, too. I wish I knew something about her. I wish she knew something about us.
Tomorrow, we will eat lasagna, one of Jacob's favorite meals, and watch whatever Dora episode he would chooses and our hearts will celebrate our amazing son.
Happy Jacob Yeabsera Day, everyone!!

2 comments:
I can't believe it's been two years either! How time is flying, my dear!! Don't I know it! Keira and Quint are changing way too fast - and time keeps slipping away...boo hoo!
Meanwhile, I'm doing another Bloggy Give-away - come nominate yourself! (why not...it's Christmas!)
http://keirajoy07.blogspot.com/2010/12/not-too-late.html
SO sorry I missed this post! Of course I am always celebrating Jacob Yeabsera as he is such an amazing little guy! Love you all!
Post a Comment