02 April, 2008

I-797

Our I-797 forms came today. Not a huge surprise-they scheduled our fingerprinting appointment the day we were there, so we knew they would be coming. We get fingrprinted April 11.

The forms are scary, though. They are all do not be late, do not bring a cell phone, do not do this, do not do that, blah, blah, blah. When I go to these appointments, I get SO nervous. When we went for our Infopass appointment with USCIS, I was a NERVOUS WRECK. Even for my passport, I thought I was going to throw up!! I hate going to government buildings. I have no idea why- I have never even had a speeding ticket before! But I always feel like I am doing something wrong when I am in there.

By the way, does the ink come off easily??? Will I be going to work all marked up?

On another note, I would like to thank everyone who sent me kind emails, notes and comments about my grandpa. It was so nice to know so many people were thinking of me. The ceremony was beautiful, and lots of family friends came to pay their respects. I was asked to do a reading at his mass, which meant so much to me. The weather cooperated beautifully. There was a Navy Honor Guard to play taps. It was a very emotional day.

On a lighter note, I have a special shout out for my parents, who were very kind and gave me "travel expenses" for the funeral. They miraculously covered the cost of some parking tickets. Thanks Mom and Pop! I love you!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Don't worry! It's easy breezy! Kevin had the fingerprint woman cracking up at our appointment - he asked 1,000 questions about how it all worked. (He always does that!) Just keep your babe in mind!

I'm glad you were able to do a reading at your Grandpa's service - how special.

And, have I told you how adorable you two are? Your picture is so cute! :)

LISA said...

You worry to much!! As my hubby Shawn would say,"You need to RELAXXXXX!!!"

Special Delivery said...

They give you mechanics grease to remove the ink. So, good news is you won't have ink on your hands. Bad news is you'll smell like a garage! But, it's nothing a little soap and water can't solve. Soap for the hands, wine for the nerves! Then, you're good to go!

I'll look forward to hearing from you afterwards!