
So I've been in Fiji just over a week now. Only 8 more to go. I am here working on my dissertation research in collaboration with Conservation International and in partnership with a bunch of NGOs: World Wildlife Federation (WWF), Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), Fijian Locally Managed Marine Area network (FLMMA), Mamanucas Environmental Society (MES) and of course the University of the southern Pacific (USP). Fiji is wonderful as usual, although I have spent most of my time so far in Suva, the capital, which does not quite have the beaches and palm trees you might expect. I spent most of my first week helping to train up my coral reef dive survey team in first aid and rescue diving protocols. This coming week we will finalize the methodology and start collecting data. One great thing about being in Suva however is unlimited internet access (except when it is down) so I can instant message Colleen whom I miss terribly. I will try to keep up the posts about the progress down here.
1 comment:
I miss you so much, baby! I love the picture. And just think- only 7 more weeks until I get my best friend back! Keep up the good work- it makes it all worth it. I love you- Q
Post a Comment