28 July, 2008

Home soon

Sung to "Hey there Delilah" (For my not-so-plain white tease, you are much hotter than Delilah)

Hey there Colleen, what
Is it like back there in Boston?
I am counting down the days 'till
I fly back to you and our home.
You're my Q.
The trip is fun but there's no you,
So it won't do.

Hey there Colleen, I’m
Glad you got the web-cam working,
When we IM over Yahoo,
It’s so great to see you smiling,
You flip your hair,
Over the internet I stare.
We’re a pair

Oh, it's what you do for me
Oh, it's why you're my wifey,
Oh, why am I in Fiji,
Oh, I'll be home in a jiffy,
just you wait and see.

Hey there Colleen, I
know that times are getting hard,
the cat is peeing on the carpet,
there is a skunk in our back yard.
Just shut the door,
the dog won't smell it any more.
You I adore.

Oh it’s what you do to me,
Oh I know it seems crazy.
Why do I work across the sea?
When all I care about is thee,

Thousands of miles is very very far,
I’m glad you could donate the car,
Finding rhymes is not as hard as it may seem.
When I get home, your back I’ll rub,
I'll cook us meals, I’ll clean the tub,
The dog I’ll walk when morning starts to gleam
Colleen I can promise you,
That through the years I will be true
I’ll look for projects in the Gulf of Maine,
We’ll have champagne!

Hey there Colleen, It’s
Pretty early, 5 in the morning,
I am heading out to dive all day,
But about you I will be thinking,
While reefs I chart,
Oceans will not keep us apart
You have my heart.

Oh, for all you do for me,
I’ll finish up my PhD,
And we’ll adopt a new baby,
A multi-ethnic family
We’ll be three.

Apologies to the Plain White Tees and Delilah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize to them, baby! I love it! I cant WAIT to see you again! XOXXO Q

Special Delivery said...

I am crying right now reading this! I am so happy for both of you that you are home soon!! JF you are sooo adorable! Colleen told me a lot about you. But, she never mentioned your ability to remix song lyrics into personal ballads! That's quite a trait there sir! Can't wait to meet you in September. I have to say that I am excited for Colleen to have you back home. But, I've enjoyed having more of her to myself than usual. But, alas, all good things must come to an end! So grateful for you both!

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

Jenna- He has so many talents! :o)
C