I am sorry, but I need to vent, and you , dear readers, get to be my outlet:o) Aren't you lucky?
I have recently had a string of REALLY stupid conversations with people who old enough, and smart enough to know better. And I am frustrated. I get so angry at myself for getting flustered. I need to stand my ground. Believe me, I KNOW that I should say, "that is none of your business" when they ask me why I am choosing not to breastfeed. I know that. When they press me for details as to why we are not adopting an orphan from the Chinese earthquake that I should say, "because that is the decision my husband and I made" and not actually have to go into our decision process. (Not to mention that the earthquake just happened and we were already up to our eyeballs in the process.) I have one thought in my head, over and over, that I am too afraid or polite (I haven't decided yet) to say, which is always: IF YOU KNEW ME WELL ENOUGH TO ASK ME THAT QUESTION, YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!!
I would like to end this by saying comments telling me to toughen up will not really be helpful. I know that already, as well. I know that this is the tip of the iceberg to the comments we as a family will get. I am just having a frustrating day, after a few frustrating conversations, and I needed to get it out. Sometimes, it happens. Thank you for letting me:o) I feel better already.
5 comments:
I totally get it...we can talk more on Thursday. Tara will be so delighted :)
Hugs! I am so sorry you have to deal with all this.
I'm really sorry that you've had a bad day. I'm sending a big hug to you.
At work Friday, i had 2 different groups of people asking me how much it is costing me!!
I get asked that so much from NOSY people,I now just say "ALOT!!!!" Shuts them up and just makes them wonder!
Hey, I just stumbled across your blog. We just adopted two older kids from ET a month ago. Our current struggles are different than what you'll be dealing with, but I certainly feel your pain from standing line at the stupid question department. Anyway, just wanted to tell you to hang in there and if your misery needs company check out what we were blogging about prior to June.
(gardneradoptionjournal.blogspot.com)
Post a Comment