04 December, 2008

And they're off...

So this is it! We leave in less than 8 hours to go to the airport. I don't have any idea how I am going to sleep tonight, but to be honest, I haven't really slept much this week. I am hoping that once we get on that plane to Ethiopia, I will get some sleep. Maybe that is totally wishful thinking, but I am clinging to that hope. In the mean time, our bags are packed, our house is clean, and we are just counting down the minutes. We will be back on the 12th, with our son in our arms. My sister is going to post for us while we are in Ethiopia.

Jacob, baby, we are coming!

5 comments:

Sam's mom said...

Be safe, have fun, and come home soon with lots of pictures of your gorgeous boy!!!

Ms. Fricknfrack said...

Hah, I wish you heard me laugh when I read that you hope to sleep on the flight. No way. You will be far too excited for any of that.

I am thrilled for you and cannot wait until your son is in your arms.

Godspeed.

Claudia said...

What wonderful news!!! Will be thinking of you and praying for safe travel. Can't wait to see your gorgeous son in your arms :)

Anonymous said...

We pray that he is healthy and all that you expected when you meet him. Get your sleep now - As new parents, you don't always get the chance. Best and loving wishes - Bill and Hiedi

Kristen said...

I can't believe you are now on your way to Ethiopia....I so wish that Uganda was closer to the Ethiopian border! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!