07 December, 2008

The World Travelers....

Jan here - Colleen's sister. I have been given the honor of updating the blog while Colleen and J.F. undertake the most important task of bringing Jacob home to Boston for good! To begin - Colleen and J.F. arrived safely in Ethiopia last night (Saturday night.) They arrived 12 hours (UGH) later than scheduled due to some mechanical issues with their plane at Dulles. A very long day became almost unbearably longer when they had to sit in D.C. for 8 1/2 hours longer than anticipated, just waiting for their journey to begin. When they finally arrived in Addis Ababa and made it through customs, they were able to get settled in the guest house at the orphanage and finally meet their son. Colleen said he smiled while she held him and was chubbier than in the pictures. He is just getting over the chicken pox but is otherwise very happy and healthy. In the next day or so Colleen and J.F. will be able to take him to the guest house for the day and really start to know him and know each other as a family. This has been a long story for Colleen and J.F. and the ending is so much better than we could have possibly imagined!! We can't wait to meet Jacob, hold him and love him. Be safe Colleen, J.F. and Jacob and know we are thinking of you and praying for you from far away. See you all very soon! -Jan

6 comments:

Special Delivery said...

We have NOT STOPPED thinking about your family! I am so sorry to hear about the delay in Dulles! I thought when we hung up you were going to be boarding soon! You'll have to tell me how that was. But, at long last, you were finally able to hold Jacob! Of course he smiled! He's amazing that way! We can't wait to hear how you first few days are! We'll continue to think about you and pray that you will all have a wonderful time together as a new family! ALL OUR LOVE!!!

Sam's mom said...

He's even chubbier??? Oh gosh, that's so amazing. I didn't think Jacob could possibly look any better and there you have it -- he does! I cannot wait to see pictures of all three Bertrands together at last!!
Jan -- thanks for keeping up informed in the cyberworld! all of our love fellow Adoption Avenues Parents!! Safe returns. Meg.

Claudia said...

I have to ask too - EVEN CHUBBIER? This I gotta see :)
So glad that you made it there (finally! Arrrghh!) and have met your son. Can't wait to see pictures!

Joy said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that you have him in your arms. I am sorry he has chickenpox, but it is better now than on the plane going home. Both of our boys got it there too. I hope you all enjoy the guest house staff as much as we did, they are such sweet people and the food was great. Take care!
Joy

Stacie said...

Yay! I haven't been by in so long - and now to read this happy news! Can't wait to see pics of the whole family together!

Special Delivery said...

CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO BE HOME! I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU! Ok-That's what has been swelling in my soul for the past few days! But, I am so excited to hear how your adventure was and how much you are IN LOVE it Jacob! I want pictures!!! Can't wait to hear your voice! Love you all tons and tons!