
I have been Honored as an “Honest Blogger” by Meg DeZutti from "The Road to Sam" .
The rules are thus:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
So here I go with my blogs: I have chosen them because I think the women are so mindful. That is always what draws me to continue reading a blog. These blogs all challenge me to think about my role as a mom and as a member of the adoptive community. This tag allows me to thank them for inspiring me, and to praise them for being fabulous.
1) Zimmer's Special Delivery
2) Ethtiodyssey: A Treasure Hunt
3) Now Wot???
4) Kevin and Leah's Ethiopian Adoption Journey
(This one is private, sadly, which I why I don't advertise it on my blog. But Leah is such a strong, brave woman, I have to include it.)
5) My Fascinating Life
6) A Curvy Runner
7) The Road to Sam
Ok, now on to 10 honest things about myself:
1) It is very hard to write 10 things about myself.
2) I love being a wife and a mom more than I had even imagined. Both are crazy hard and crazy fun and super rewarding.
3) My all time favorite book is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. If you have not read it, get to a library immediately.
4) I hate when people try to guess my accent. It drives me crazy. You can ask me about it, but when you continually try to guess it, I HATE it. No one will ever guess a
Chicago/Rochester/Miami/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Boston accent. Ever.
5) When I was in my 20s, I had a crisis of faith. I was raised Catholic. I have forged my own relationship with God that does not fit in any religion that I have studied to this point. But I consider myself spiritual and think that I have very strong faith. My God is a radical God.
6) At least once a day, my husband JF makes me a better person. He is such a good person and an inspiration.
7) I would clone my dog Caly if I could. She acts like Nana from Peter Pan with Jacob and I LOVE it.
8) Running keeps me sane. I am not fast, I never will be, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE to get out and run. Now I run with Caly and Jacob. I take up the whole sidewalk, so watch out!
9) I am lucky enough to have many girlfriends and I love what they do for me. Spending time with them is so fun. My girlfriends helped me dial the phone when I got my referral, have celebrated with me and helped me through some rough times. I love my girls.
10) I love football. I love it. I hate to miss a game. I don't really love it when Jacob watches television, but football is an exception.
Thanks for the tag, Meg!
6 comments:
I have SO much catching up to do with you guys! It's sad really! My blogging has been so few and far between these days. But I promise to catch up on your beautiufl family soon!!! Not sure how soon I'll do the tag, but you're a very wonderful person to add me and I'm honored!
BTW, we should try to hook up at some point. I know that Jenna is coming for ET camp in July??
Talk soon- Lori
Hi -- found your blog through Lori's and wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying it! Glad too to have found it when you are tagging other blogs to love! Thanks!
I had to laugh at the non bending kneecaps post, almost all of my babies did that to me too at some stage, it stops eventually but by then you will have slipped discs!
Kristin
www.irishiopian.blogspot.com
www.theresalwaysmoretobedone.blogspot.com
Hey there! We just hung up the phone not too long ago. But, it's a bit late now. So, I will call you tomorrow. Anywho-I get the same thing about my accent-which probably isn't surprising since Dori and Vanessa say we sound so much alike. And, Caly is TOTALLY like Nana! It's amazing, really! As far as your girlfriends go, I've met a few of them and they are GREAT! I really have enjoyed getting to know them as well! I love you tons and can't believe that I get to see you guys soon! Thanks for the tag. I'd better get on it!
This is such a great post. I'm so jealous that you love to run. I WANT to love walking or running but I just DON'T. I love sitting on the sofa. Running with J must be great fun!
I've still never read the Poisonwood Bible. I must do that!
Hope you're doing okay and looking foward to seeing your man again super-soon! It must feel like forever!!
Oh Thank you for the tag!! Love your list! :)
Wish you lived close then maybe we could go out on runs together!
Cindy
Oh and also the way I see things re God, is a bit radical too. I'm totally with you there.
Cindy
Post a Comment