
We have been busy recently, but I guess that is par for the course. We have never been so popular or requested as we have been since Jacob has come home! Two weeks ago, we were in East Northport running the Cow Harbor 10k and hanging out with the Zimmers. It was such a treat! They were, as usual, the most gracious of hosts! We love being in their home. It is such a warm, loving environment. Jacob loves being there because the lovely Addia resides there. All that little man wants to do is kiss her! He is only human!

The race itself was great too. I took 3 minutes off of my time which made me so happy! All of those early morning runs have paid off! Undoubtedly, the best part of the run was seeing Jacob and Addia in the cow costumes at the finish line. It made my day. I am already looking forward to next year's race.

Last weekend we had JF's mom and dad visit. They had not seen Jacob in 4 weeks and were amazed at the difference. Folks, he is no longer a baby. He is a little boy. SIGH... But I have to say, it is a treat to hear him call them Oma and Papa. It was a short visit, but there was enough time for hugs and kisses to be shared by all.
Next weekend, we see my folks. There will be more hugs and kisses to share! The last time I saw my parents was at the reunion, so I am looking forward to seeing them. It will be nice to get to spend a little more one on one time with them.
On the 12th, I have another 10k. It is my last race before my first ever Half-Marathon. I am so excited to have one under my belt! I have been saying for almost 2 years that I am going to do it.
As far as Jacob's milestones go, he is RUNNING! (I think he will be able to join me shortly on some of my races.) He is climbing! He uses a spoon and a fork with varying degrees of sucess. It is a MESS, but he def wants to do it himself. He has added even more words. Just recently, "apple", "blocks", "sneaker", and "yellow" have become part of the vocab. We enjoy every moment with him. Watching him grow brings to our hearts like nothing else could.
2 comments:
Cow Harbor was fantastic! You both did amazing! Although, I must say, JF was a bit more sore than you were! He'll have to train a bit next year to pull his weight! ;-) I can't wait to hear about your next two races! As you know, I admire you greatly and always am cheering you on! As for Jacob, he is just way too fun and cute for words! Which speaking of...he says SO many! I love that he still has a thing for yellow! For some reason it represents his sunny disposition in my mind! Love you all! And, love the update!
Sounds like you have been busy! Have fun with all of the running! Good for you!
Post a Comment