I usually don't like to blog until I add pictures, but I am having a very hectic week and won't get to it until this weekend, but I really want to blog. So I will just update with pictures later.
We were lucky enough to be invited by the Zimmers to Cabo San Lucas! We had more fun than I can begin to describe. It was so relaxing. Mexico was beautiful and the weather was perfect every day. The kids had so much fun! So did the parents:o) I had the best mojito I have ever had in my life, got to hang out in the pool with Jacob, (the nice doctor took my hard cast off and put me in an air cast so I could get in the water)got to hang out in the hot tub with JF, got to chat it up with Jenna for 6 whole days. I just got to RELAX. It was a dream.
The kids were the hit of the resort. Every morning, when we would walk down to the pool, we would walk through the "fan club". People would call out to JAcob and Addia. The kids would take breaks from walking to fist bump or high five with their fans. IT was TOO funny.
One funny story- we met a really nice woman from CA. She asked about the kids- she thought they were twins (we get a lot of that when the two kids are together, which is funny, b/c they don't really look alike, but...). We explained that they were just friends. She promptly asked if Jenna and I were sisters. We also get that question a lot when we are together. So we explained that we were not related and were also just friends. She asked how we know each other because we look so much alike, it is kind of a coincidence. So I said that it was because of adoption that we met. We had used the same agency and hit it off. Jenna said something to the affect of "that is why are kids kind of look the same". And this woman, without skipping a beat, points to JF and says, "oh, I figured it was because of him". WHAT??? Apparently she thought JF sired both of our children? I don't even know what the logistics of that would be! Needless to say, the conversation ended shortly after and we politely moved on our way.
All in all, it was an amazing family vacation. We are so grateful for the opportunity and for all of the wonderful memories. Thanks Zimmers!!
3 comments:
Wow, people do say the strangest things, right? Glad you made your way to my blog. You can go ahead and link mine. I hope you don't mind that I had already linked yours. ;)
It was a terrific vacation! I loved so many of the other guests and how excited they were to see the kids each and every time! (Some of them 2-3 times a day!) Carol gave us a story we will never forget! For sure!!! I miss those mojitos! And, we miss you!
Sounds fun!
Post a Comment