08 December, 2009

JYB day

Yesterday was JYB (Jacob Yeabsera Bertrand) day! It was one year to the day that we met our little angel. We celebrated in a quiet way. Jacob had his favorites for dinner and dessert- spaghetti and clementine oranges. While is the bath, I told him his story. I rocked him to sleep last night, just like I rocked him to sleep for his first nap with us. I wanted to blog about it yesterday, but somehow, I couldn't. It was just so special a day that I ended up just reflecting on it and keeping it to myself. I have a hard time articulating how lucky and blessed I feel. I also can't help but think of Jacob's birth parents and feel overwhelmed by the tough decisions they made that led Jacob to me. I am so grateful he is my family. Look at the before and after pictures:


What a difference a year makes!!

4 comments:

Sam's mom said...

WOW! I remember following your journey in ETH via Jenna's updates on the blog. I cannot believe it's been a year already.
And I had forgotten you have a Yeabsera as well. We have now been a family with our Yeabsera for 5 months. Time is really flying by!

Special Delivery said...

I know I posted yesterday, but I wanted to reiterate what an honor it has been to spend this year with you! Jacob Yeabsera is a fantastic little boy who is funny and expressive and warms the heart's of people all over the world! (wink! wink!) We love you all so much and celebrate your family with you today and every day!

los cazadores said...

Merry One Year. Love the photos. I can imagine the joy and fulfillment that handsome boy has brought to your lives.

Cindy

Claudia said...

Congratulations! He just gets more adn more beautiful. How wonderful that you've now been together a whole year - that makes me so happy :)