19 February, 2010

Jacobisms


Jacob has always been a pretty verbal kid. He started talking at 9 months. His first word was "cat". He followed that up with "Dada" pretty quickly and has been talking ever since. He does however, have a little bit of his own language going for him. For whatever reason, he has several words that are his own.

Water is pronounced "lah". I have no idea why or where this comes from, but he is insistent and consistent with this word.


"Firetruck" and "fireplace" are the same word. They are "zazaza". Once again, I have no idea why, I only know that he is very consistent with the words.

Jacob is learning to put words together. He says "love Dada" and "love Caly", but when he says "love Mama" it comes up "love gaga". Now, he can say "Mama" all of the time (and does), but if you put the word love in front of it, it always turns into "gaga".

I love these little "Jacobisms". I love that I know what he means when he says there are "sheesh in the lah" (fish in the water). He is so dear to me and every little connection that we have means the world to me.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

oh, ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to be able to actually communicate - it must be so precious!