Things are always so busy aren't they? Jacob and I got back a week ago from a week's visit to Rochester. It was really fun. We went to visit my family. We saw all of the cousins, which was such a treat. Jacob's language was so influenced by them. When we got there, he was talking, but mostly using words or phrases. By the time we left, he had moved into sentences for the most part. I love it! He also got in some tractor rides with grandpa, bath times with Ethan, and watched his first movie ever- Finding Nemo. He did far better than I did in the airport when we were delayed for hours coming home. I am so proud of the little boy he is becoming.
Jacob also has an appointment to get tubes put in his ears. He has struggled with multiple ear infections and chronic fluid build up in his ears. It turns out that he is having mild to moderate hearing loss, depending on the pitch, due to the fluid. So our next step will be tubes. I am excited for him to have relief. I know this is the best thing for him. I also tear up a little every time I think of him under general anesthesia. When the woman from the doctor's office called in regards to Jacob's "surgery", I teared up. I prefer to call it "having tubes put in his ears". Surgery sounds so official and daunting. And the thing it, I know he will be fine. I know this is the right choice. I know all that. But right now, even as I type, there are tears. If my tear ducts could just get on the same page as my brain, I would appreciate it. If anyone has any insight on how to make that happen, please drop me an email.
I am running again. Kind of; I am up to 2 miles. (I would still like to do the Cow Harbor race in September, but I am not sure that it will happen. ) I feel great and no pain. I have taken this little break from running to ease myself into barefoot running. I do not actually run barefoot, I wear surf socks, but there is no padding whatsoever, and it forces one into a more ergonomically correct running posture. I am liking it a lot. It is supposed to cause less injuries, so we will see how it goes.
I also am starting a Master's program in the fall. I am going for a MS in management. We will see how that goes- working full time, being a mom and a student. Deep breathes and a crazy next two years, but I will figure it out somehow.
JF is defending his thesis in August. This has been a long road for him and I am so proud. Sadly, we will only have about 3 days between when his studenthood ends and mine begins, but I am just so happy that his is ending:o)
That is about it with us. Happy 4th of July everyone!!
2 comments:
i totally understand about the "s" word. Y was supposed to have one on those also (dental related) and it just stressed me out!
Sounds like lots of fun things going on! Barefoot running, huh? Please keep me posted on that!!!!
Deep breaths!! You're amazing and will continue to ROCK IT!!! Also, good thing you are not too busy for me! I am missing you like mad and can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment