12 March, 2012

Pearls of wisdom

Jacob is talking up a storm and here are a few of the pearls of wisdom or fabulous conversations we have recently had with him:

Jacob: Mommy, Daddy is brown and I am brown.

Me: That's right.  Who else is brown?

Jacob: Anna.  But you are not brown.

Me: That's true.  What color am I?

Jacob: Pink.  Mommy, we need to get you a new can of brown paint!

Me:  Well, it doesn't quite work like that.  I will always be pink.  I was born this way, just like you were born brown. But we have lots of things that are the same.  We both have two eyes, and two ears...

Jacob: and nipples.

Me: Uh, that is true...

Jacob: That's right.  We both have nipples.  Everybody on this street has nipples. (points at passers by on the street)  And Caly and Echo have nipples too.  We all have nipples... on our bodies.

Or this one:

Jacob: Daddy, are you going to bring Anna to Carter's with us?

Daddy: Yes.

Jacob: I sure hope that Carter doesn't get a hammer and hit her in the eye!

Daddy: Uh... I don't think he will.

(I would like to add that Carter has never shown any propensity for violence.)

I love this age!  He is SO funny.  His stream of consciousness conversation is amazing.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

my boy is obsessed with nipples too. He has started calling the mole on my cheek my 'face nipple'. THANKS!!!

Special Delivery said...

These are two of my favorite stories! XO!