So, today I got two emails from CHI. Both were so fun! One said they were officially welcoming us to their agency. I saved that one. We will have to put that in the baby book. It made me happier than I can express to see it in writing. Can you imagine what I will be like when I get the packet from them???? (That should get here on Friday, only 4 days from now, but who is counting?)
The second was a list on things to consider for an Ethiopian adoption. It was very useful. Some questions were easy: how do you feel about interracial marriage or who will you use as role models of the same race for your children? But others were hard, such as, what stereotypes do I hold about Africans/African Americans? It seemed too taboo to write down!
On a separate note, I also set up our first home study visit today. I called a MILLION people. Ok, that is not true, but it seemed like it! I found a woman in Cambridge who is going to meet with us on Friday. FRIDAY! I have a list of info that she needs. She was a fount of information and she was not phased by JF having to go to Fiji for 6-7 weeks in March. She was prepared to jump right in. I like that!
So even though we have not signed the contract or mailed the check, we are started:o)
Lastly, thanks for all of the great emails you sent with warm wishes and support. It felt great!
No comments:
Post a Comment