
So an American and a Canadian walk into a bar in Ethiopia. Actually the Canadian is also an American (dual citizenship). And it's not quite a bar, it is more like an adoption agency. Oh, and they are not in Ethiopia yet. Wait! I messed up the timing! Let me start again...
So, JF (the Canadian-American) and I (the American) found out that we were officially approved for adoption (from Ethiopia) yesterday. We are more excited than we can express. We have been talking about it for years now. But it is surreal to have an agency! We are working with Children's Hope International. Today we went out and got so many books on Ethiopia and adopting that they laughed at me when we were checking out! JF had to remind me I can only read so many books at one time- maybe we could wait a little. He is, as always, the voice of reason :o)
We are hoping this blog will help us keep everyone up-to-date with this long journey of becoming a Canadian-American-Ethiopian family. I am sure it will be the outlet for our frustrations as well ;o) If you feel like it, leave us a comment. We would love to hear from you!
In the mean time, we will leave you a few pictures of our other "adoptees".
We only realized afterwards that 1) all our pets are named after nymphs, and 2) they are all some version of brown and white (a bit like us). We also have fish, but we are not including their pictures. This is not to belittle them, but they are not very photogenic.
Ok, that's it for now! We will update you when anything changes!
1 comment:
Colleen and JF-
GREAT blog! I couldnt be happier for you both. I really admire all of the research you are doing about Ethiopian history and language. Wish I could help you out with some of that pronounciation, but alas, Im useless in that regard.
xoxo
Becky M.
Post a Comment