17 April, 2008

PHEWW!!!

So, last Tuesday, I had to have a little "surgery" to have two moles removed. I am very fair skinned and skin cancer is prevalent in my family. I have been waiting for the biopsy and too nervous to write about it in case I got bad news. I was afraid how it could affect the adoption. I know it is probably crazy, and that skin cancer is treatable. But I was afraid how the agency or Ethiopia would feel about any kind of cancer at all. And adoption is my only shot at kids. So I have been very worried. But I got my biopsy results today and both moles were benign and I feel like dancing and singing and maybe even skipping. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU GOD!!! I get my stitches out next Tuesday and I am DONE! YAY!!!

4 comments:

LISA said...

So glad you received good news on the biopsy!That is always scary!Make sure you always get checked though!!
(another fair skinned person)

Special Delivery said...

This is fantastic news indeed! I hope you celebrated with a great glass of wine-right after your CPR classes! What a great way to celebrate! Seriously, I am so happy for you to be able to sigh such a sigh of relief!

Annie said...

Praise God! So glad that they were benign! Good thing you are staying on top of getting them checked out :)

Stacie said...

Oh that's good news! Happy for you!!