02 June, 2008

Done!

It is official! Everything is written, spell-checked, signed, notarized, stamped, certified and in the mail (actually FedEx
envelope). It was quite a project. I found it similar to applying for research permits in Asia which also requires a ton of signatures, official stamps and sometimes bribes (I mean "fees"). So now we are just waiting. I leave for Fiji in a week which is sad (I know I am lucky to be sad about going to Fiji, I just don't want to leave Colleen right now.) It is going to be a long trip, but hopefully I won't miss anything. Colleen and I really want to thank everyone for their support through this process, particularly our friends and families, our social worker - Laura, and our growing list of blog-buddies. We look forward to our next big step (the travel to Ethiopia), and I am sure we will be on the phone or online when we get to diapers and sleep deprivation.

3 comments:

LISA said...

I"LL GO!!!! Enjoy!!!

Kristen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Stacie said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!!