This weekend, we had the change to get together with another Boston AA family. Tim and Wendy took pictures of Jacob for us when he was in Toukoul and brought him a care package for us. They have a little daughter, J, who is 14 months old. They traveled a few weeks before us and were able to show us the ropes so we had a better idea of what to expect. It was so nice to see them and to catch up. Sadly, I did not bring a camera, but the kids were so cute- constantly reaching out to each other.
I got to speak to Jenna this weekend. It was a treat to hear my friend's voice! They are doing very well, but it is, of course, an emotionally charged time, so we are keeping them in our prayers. We can't wait for them to come home to meet their angel and to get the little ones together.
I also got two good runs in this weekend. I did a short one of hills with the jog stroller. Uff da! And a 5 mile one in by myself. That felt good b/c I did not have baby or dog with me. That NEVER happens! I always have one or the other or both. It felt wonderful to have two free hands during a run.
I read a really fantastic book this weekend- "My Fathers' Daughter" by Hannah Pool. It is the story of an Eritrean woman who was adopted at about 6 months of age by an English family. She ends up being contacted by members of her biological family and goes back to Eritrea to meet them. It is a very interesting look at her journey. I highly recommend it!
I would like to end this post with a shout out to Cindy, Craig, and Olly. They have a court date today. We are certainly thinking of you and know you will officially be a "forever family" today!
3 comments:
Thank you so much. We hope, we hope!
Cindy
I'm so much looking forward to reading that book! And, like you, I'm constantly refreshing cindy's blog! Hurry up, agency people!!
My Father's Daughter is a great book. I loved it. I'm reading a similar one now, called, Daughter of the Ganges, about a woman who was adopted from an orphanage in India, and returns as an adult to learn about her past. So touching and poignant. And since we are adopting a little girl, I keep seeing her future in the pages. It is definitely making me more determined to meet her birth family so she will know something about her past.
Post a Comment