Last night, Jacob and I had a great night. JF was at work, so it was just the two of us getting some alone time. Jacob is crawling everywhere and climbing on everything, so it is fairly exhausting. It must have caught up a little with him, too, because he suddenly came over to sit in my lap. He rarely does that if I don't have a book. He was wearing a sweater that I knit for him. He occasionally uses it as a blankie while he wears it. He pulls at the left side of the cardigan to bring it up to his cheek and then he starts sucking his right thumb. It is so cute! He started doing this while sitting on my lap, and he just snuggled in. I started singing "Angel Mine" by the cowboy Junkies, and he just sat and snuggled and listened. When I finished, he turned around and gave me a kiss. I just melted. It was one of my favorite mommy moments I have experienced! After a couple more seconds, he was out of my lap and back on the go. It seems he just needed a little recharge:o)
I have a few pics of Jacob in the sweater/blankie:

I love the picture below because it shows "Zen Jacob". We have a Tibetan "singing bowl" that is for the start and end of meditation. Jacob LOVES it. It is tricky though, because it only makes the nice sound when you are not holding onto it. Once you touch it, the vibration stops so the noise does too. This is a hard concept for a little one! He wants to hold it and bang on it all of the time, but if you pick it up, no more noise! Jacob has become very Zen. He now knows if he wants to hear it, it has to stay on the floor right in front of him. The blur that you see in front of him is the leather mallet, which he is beating into the bowl. It does not necessarily create the harmonious song that is intended when one beats the bowl, but it certainly does make noise:o) This is what he started doing as soon as he got off of my lap.
1 comment:
Adorable! I LOVE that he knows where he can go to be recharged! It only confirms what I know so well which is that he is just as smitten for you as you are for him! And, I must add that he looks like quite the happy and healthy little Budda himself! He is too cute for words!
PS-word verification is "ousticat." Sort of like Aristocrat, but one that is the is no longer quite so noble!
Post a Comment