17 July, 2009

As luck would have it...

Every once and a while, I have one of those days that break my heart open with joy. Today is one of those days. Now, please, don't get me wrong- I know that I am LUCKY every day. I really do. But recently, the luck is just dripping off of the minutes of the day! I am getting promoted at work! Yay! Yay! I am so deeply in love my family it is unreal. I came home from work today at noon because we have summer hours at work, and JF surprised me by taking the afternoon off so we could spend a little time together. The sun is out! The baby has gotten his first year molars in and we have survived. Right now, we have a little kiddy pool in the yard warming up so that Jacob can play in just a moment. JF made sangria and it is cooling in the refrigerator. Jenna and Addia are coming next Saturday and we are getting together with a couple of Adoption Avenue families. I paid off my student loans this week- we owe NOTHING on anything anymore! I am running consistently faster than I ever have and more miles than I ever have. I just feel like the blessing abound so expansively that I have to post about it. I have to pinch myself to know that I am not dreaming. I cannot believe how blessed, lucky, joyful, sweet, incredible my life has become.

4 comments:

Special Delivery said...

With all of these great things happening to you, you won't mind if I rub you when I see you next Saturday will you? Congratulations friend! I am SO happy for you!

Joy said...

Wow - this is so wonderful and what a blessing that you "see" it and are thankful in the midst of it. Sometimes we fail to stop and realize how blessed we are while everything is going well. Congratulations!

Claudia said...

I'ts so great to hear you sounding so overflowing with happiness! Like Joy says, it's wonderful to be around (even virtually) people who are blessed and know it! Huge congrats on the promotion, by the way - awesome news!!

Amber said...

Hi, just checking in...Congrats on the promotions.