07 May, 2009

How can it be May already?

I have been a little quiet lately for no real reason. I think we are just settling into everyday, busy life! Jacob is doing day care one day a week. That will switch to 3 days/week in June and 5 days/week in July. In the mean time, JF and I have kind of a creative schedule. I work 7:30am-3:30pm, he works 5pm-12am. It is not ideal, but it is short term and we are making it work. I have to say, I do miss my hubby though... Luckily, Mom B is coming for two days this week and two days next week, so I may have a few evenings with JF in the next few weeks!

Jacob will be 1 year old on May 29th. I cannot believe it! When we met him, he was 6 months and one week- how can he possibly be a year old this month??? He had a check up yesterday. He is weighing in at 24lbs, and we cant remember his height. JF thought 26 inches, but that would mean that he shrank from the last time, and that does not seem be the case, so... I just don't know. His bald patch on the back of his head is starting to fill in. He is trying to say the word "dog", can identify his hair and my hair, and now pulls himself up in his crib everyday. In fact, we had to take down the mobile when I went into his room and found him standing with his arms tangled in it. He just didn't want to let go of the little monkey! He changes so much every day:o)

Caly turned 6 years old this week. I cannot believe that! She is hitting middle age and it breaks my heart. She is my girl and my running partner and my living stuffed animal. (I cuddle with her a lot and sometimes carry her around the apartment.) I hate to think of her aging at all. She is all gray around the muzzle now, and has white hairs on her back. :o(

We are so grateful that our friends the Zimmers are back and adjusting to parenthood! We cannot wait to meet the gorgeous Addia in person, and are hoping to see them in June.

Life is good with us, just busy, busy, busy!

3 comments:

Special Delivery said...

It feels like June will NEVER arrive! I am so thrilled to hear that Jacob is thriving in your family! It is such a blessing for you guys! We love you all and CAN'T wait for our lovebirds to finally meet! ;-)

Christie said...

I have to tell you - warn you, rather - that this time with him will just fly right on by. I didn't believe it before - but girl, hang on. It's going, going, gone...

And then he'll be 18mo's and starting to throw the tantrums and the obstinate curiosity kicks in...the walking to running and then into everything he can get his little chubby hands on - whew...gulp. FUN, but exhausting!

Claudia said...

may, I know!! How did that happen? Last time I checked it was February.